Community Information

Town Clerk

Town Supervisor Town Board

Assessor's Office

2018 Tentative Assessment Rolls

Town and Village Court

Village of Argyle
Planning Board

Youth Commission

Argyle Central School
Animal Control Officer
Argyle EMS
Argyle Fire Dept.
Fire Prevention
Argyle Free Library
History of Argyle
Washington County

Argyle Town and Village Court

Honorable Stacy Davis

41 Main Street
PO Box 38
Argyle, New York 12809

Phone: (518) 638-8681 ext. 13
Fax: (518) 638-6823

Court Clerk

Stephanie Euber


Court is held every Tuesday at 5:30
District Attorney - 3rd tuesday at 5:30pm
Civil proceedings
by appointment

Traffic Infractions

If you receive a Traffic Ticket in the Town or Village of Argyle...

If the offense type on the front of the ticket is a Misdemeanor, you must appear in the Town/Village Court on the next District Attourney date.

If the offense type is a Traffic Infraction, you may plead GUILTY or NOT GUILTY.

- To plead GUILTY, fill out PART A of the Uniform Traffic Ticket. Include your current mailing address and sign it. Return the ticket to the Argyle Town Court by mail, in person at the Municipal Building, or in person before the judge on the date of your scheduled appearance before the Court.

- To plead NOT GUILTY, fill out PART B of the Uniform Traffic Ticket, sign it and mail it to the Argyle Town Court within 48 hours of receipt of the ticket.

- You can also plead NOT GUILTY by appearing before the Court on the date specified on your ticket.

- You can request a Supporting Deposition by checking the appropriate box on the back of the ticket. A Supporting Deposition will provide you with additional information regarding the basis for the ticket. A Supporting Deposition request must be timely: within 30 days of the appearance date listed on the ticket. The Court will then order the Supporting Deposition from the Officer who issued the ticket. The Officer must provide you with the Supporting Deposition.

What if I don't enter a plea?

You are given an appearance date at the time the ticket is issued and you are required to enter a plea by that date. If you do not return the ticket and you fail to appear before the Court, your driver's license will be suspended.

What if I don't pay the fines?

When you are assessed a fine or surcharge, the Court will direct you to make payment in full by a specific date. The Court accepts partial payments only upon request and approval by the Judge. If you pay by mail, include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your receipt. If you do not pay your fines, your driver's license will be suspended.

What if I cannot make it to Court?

Contact the Court immediately. Only the Court may grant adjournments.

Who can I talk to if the Court Office is closed?

Only the Court Clerk may answer questions or take payments. If the Court Clerk is unavailable, you MUST attempt to contact the Court Clerk again. No other Town Employees can assist you in person or by telephone.

Can I resolve a traffic infraction by phone, email or fax?

NO, You must appear in person or notify the Court by mail.



Small Claims(damages of $1,000 or less) - $ 10.00
Small Claims (damages of $1,000 and less than $3,000) - $ 15.00


Summary Proceedings/Evictions - $ 20.00

All payments must be made in cash, by money order or certified bank check made payable to Argyle Town Court.

Send mail to webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright   2022 Town of Argyle